For those so inclined, a few details about this website and the various tools used to drive it can be found here. The basic tools used are:
- and the Skeleton WP theme.
- Photos are hosted by Google Picasa
- and pulled into the site with Shashin
- and the map display provided by Picasa Map Gadget
- NASA ADS is scraped for publications
- which are inserted with the WP Nasa/ADS Query Importer plugin
- Header pictures comes from the NASA Astronomy Pictures of the Day
- and the site itself is hosted at One.com
My old website www.markbentley.org has been taken offline whilst I migrate all of the photos to Picasa and pull them in here – so watch this space!
I’ve tested the site primarily on chromium and firefox where everything seems to looks good; there are a couple of visual oddities with opera and (of course!) IE, but nothing breaks beyond repair – if you do find something, let me know!
Private (secured) links to other resources on this site:
- zotero attachment storage (using phpZoteroWebDav)
- wiki (using DokuWiki)
- tt-rss (Tiny Tiny RSS news reader)
- MIDAS skeleton plan (planning data in support of MIDAS)